If you need to refund a payment or part of a deposit you have taken, you can do so via your payment gateway integration.
If you are not using a payment gateway, you can process the refund outside of Preno (e.g. through an eftpos machine or bank transfer), and then record it against the payment on the booking in Preno.
- To record or process a refund, click on the payment or deposit in the Payments section. In the below example, we could click on the 'Credit Card' payment to refund back to the guest's card directly, or record a cash refund by clicking on the 'Cash' payment.
2. From the pop-up, select the refund payment button
3. Include a reason for your refund and press Process refund. You need to include a reason for the Process refund button to become available. If you have refunded a payment made through your payment gateway, this will refund the amount straight back to the guest's card.
4. Once processed, you will see the amount refunded and the booking total adjusted. If you're integrated with Xero, you'll also see that there's a link to the Overpayment in Xero:
Important notes on refunds
- You cannot refund an amount larger than the payment you took
- You can do a partial refund of the amount you've taken.
- Refunding a credit card that's been charged through the Payment Gateway integration will refund that amount back to the guest's card.
If you need to refund the entire cost of a booking, and then checking out the guest for free:
- Edit the booking, select custom rate and set the rate to $0.00. You'll also need to void any extras on the booking too.