Room Types in Preno allow you to group similar rooms together, such as One Bedroom, Two Bedroom or Suite.
Add a Room Type
To add a Room Type
- Go to Settings > Rooms > in the Rooms and room types section click Add
- Keep the Add option as Room Type > enter your Room type name> click Add
- Click Save changes
The Room Type you’ve added will then be displayed in the list in Settings. Once a room is assigned to the Room Type it will show on the Grid.
Your new Room Type will initially be unmapped to your Channel Manager so it can't be booked online. If you’d like to map this room to your Channel Manager get in touch with Preno Support through the chat bubble in the bottom right corner.
Remove a Room Type
Before a Room Type can be removed you’ll first need to remove any Rooms currently attached. You can do this by moving the Room to another Room Type or by archiving the Room.
To move a Room to another Room Type, go to:
- Settings > Rooms > in the Rooms and room types section click on the Room name
- Change the Room Type from the current Room Type to another Room Type
- Click Save.
To archive a Room, go to:
- Settings > Rooms > in the Room and room types section click Archive
- In the Room name section select the Room you'd like to archive
- Click Archive.
Once all rooms connected to the Room Type you would like to remove have been removed:
- Go to Settings > Rooms > in Rooms and room type click Archive
- Set the Archive option to Room type > select your Room type from the list
- Click Archive > click Save Changes.
The Room Type will then be removed from the list in Settings and from the Grid. If you need to add this Room Type back in future you’ll need to set it up as a new Room Type.