If you’d like to charge a customer’s booking to their credit card through Preno you'll first need to add the credit card to the booking in Preno.
Before you can add a customer’s card to their booking in Preno you’ll need to first set up your Payment Gateway integration in Settings.
Add a credit card to the booking
To add a credit card to a booking first open the booking either from the Grid or from the Bookings tab. When you have the booking open in Preno:
- Scroll down to the Payments section of the booking
- Click Add credit card
- Enter the Name on card, Card number, Expiration date and CVV
- Click Add.
Preno will then validate this card to ensure that it's valid.
Your Payment Gateway may also process a $1 charge against the card to check that the card can be charged. This charge will be automatically refunded within a few days.
The card you’ve added will be shown in the payment section as the Stored credit card.
Charging the guest's credit card
Once you’ve added the guest’s credit card to their booking you can charge their card by recording a payment.
Edit the stored credit card for a booking
To edit the credit card stored against a booking:
- From the Payments section of the booking click Edit to the right of the stored credit card
- Adjust the card details as needed
- Click Save.
Remove the stored credit card for a booking
To remove the credit card stored against a booking:
- From the Payments section of the booking click the red ‘X’ to the right of the stored credit card
- Click Yes to confirm.